Sunday, January 01, 2006

Read my fitness contract with myself

With the baptism of a new year, I am committing myself to a routine of focusing on healthy living. This commitment is motivated by my approaching 30th birthday, which occurs on July 14. I have so many exciting adventures planned to celebrate my 30th year of life, and I would like to be in somewhat the best shape of my life during this period. Therefore, I decided to start the year with a twelve-week challenge. This challenge will be followed by a two-week break and then a thirteen-week challenge. Following the second challenge, I will turn 30. I wrote a contract with myself to give me some guidelines for the initial twelve weeks and also to prevent me from skipping workouts or pigging out on junk food. I'm tired of taking the easy road in life and doing the ordinary and being common. I'm hoping this website will allow me to keep track of my progress and focused on the goal so that I separate myself from teh apathetic masses. I posted the contract in my apartment along with a calendar and current picture. The contract follows.

Twelve-Week Challenge
I hereby commit to twelve weeks of daily, intense exercise and to self-controlled eating habits. It is the goal of this contract to create an interesting, fun, and safe environment for me to train and move towards a stronger and leaner body over a twelve-week period.
The terms of this agreement includes approximately one hour of daily strength training and/or cardiovascular exercise whereby I am focused on challenging my endurance and stamina in the pursuit of preparing for my best year ever, which begins on July 14, 2005. The conditioning and strength training will be guided by the Body for Life Training series published at www.bodyforlife.com while cardiovascular workouts will consist of jogging, stair stepping, or rowing in accord with a high intensity training routine.
In addition, I commit to discontinue the consumption of all foods two or more hours prior to bedtime, whenever this occurs; this effort will require me to be conscious of when and why I eat. I will, to the best of my ability, simply eat to satisfy my nutritional needs as opposed to my emotional needs. I will also do my best to make healthy food choices. Under no circumstances will I exceed 3,500 calories a day during this twelve-week period regardless of the situation or the nature of the temptation.
Furthermore, as an eyewitness to every event in my life, I recognize that I have rarely if ever been able to attain this level of focus for a continuous period of more than ten weeks. In an effort to keep my focus, I agree to make journal entries relevant to nutritional and exercise progress at: http://www.muscletank.net/profiles.aspx?grady
I realize that this contract is solely with myself and no other parties are liable. This contract carries no external awards, penalties, or eternal punishments other than those associated with the reflection of my character. I reserve the right to revise this contract at anytime and without any waiting period in the presence of any witness listed below. This contract may be void with the diagnosis of a chronic disease by a medical doctor, an act of war on US soil, or any end times event as described in the book of Revelations.


Signed on: _01/01/06_ by _Johnny Grady, Jr.___


Witnesses:
If you would like to be a witness to my contract, simply send a comment indicating that you are a witness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rathlan said...

Hi,

Sounds like you're making a great decision. I hope you keep it up as a lifestyle.

From
Paul

PS: If you have any invites to muscletank.net, please send one my way. ;)

4:29 AM  
Blogger mg said...

J-

Witnessed! And don't think I won't call you on it.

Actually, I think the contract is a really good idea. I really enjoyed reading the clauses for voiding it. :)

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home