Wednesday, April 19, 2006

President Jintao visits Seattle

Today, I had lunch with a friend that knows me better than most people here in Seattle. We met at University of Washington in 1999 and he had a few wise words to share over lunch as I depart for another city.

On the way to meet my friend for lunch, the President of China, Hu Jintao, had lunch with some of his friends at the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Seattle as well. President Jintao's arrival made quite the ruckus... helicopters, 500+ police, hundreds of people waving China's flags outside of the Four Seasons Hotel. At first I was taken back by the vast sea of supports for the President. As I walked a couple of more blocks I spotted the protesters, of all things there were some people protesting against the use of natural resources in Asia--






see more pictures of President Jintao's visit to downtown Seattle on Soggy Dan's blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hammer said...

Hey JG, This is really cool that you were able to see this. I'm going to miss you, but There is always a visit opportunity.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home