Saturday, July 22, 2006

San Fernando Valley Turns into Death Valley with high of 119.2 F

The nearest official weather station to my house in the valley is Pierce College located in Woodland Hills. Today's high was 119.2 degrees which broke the all time record for highest temperature on any day in Woodland Hills. The previous record was 116°F on August 24, 1985. The high in Death Valley for the day was only a few degress warm, 125°F. The talk is that tomorrow could be hotter with the temperature topping 120 degrees which would just be unbelievable. The forecast is for blistering heat at least 110, highs record breaking. When the weatherman doesn't even give a temperature that's when you know it will be HOT.

1 Comments:

Blogger mg said...

I haven't felt tempertures like that since I left for college. Since then, I've acclimated to the Seattle climate. It was 97 on Friday and Saturday and I was NOT happy. I'm glad that you've been able to enjoy the weather. :)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home