Thursday, September 07, 2006

Forbes Magazine names cheapest places to live

Forbes magazine names Douglas, Ga as one of the 150 cheapest cities (with a population under 25,000) to live in America. I grew up in Douglas in the 80s and 90s and when I return for holidays I'm quite surprised by the low prices for entertainment and service goods. If it were possible that I could live my current LA lifestyle in Douglas I would likely spend some 20k to 25k less a year. The city has a population of 10,639 and the magazine states:

"Douglas is among the most forward-looking communities in Georgia. Its historic homes, Main Street shopping area and outstanding medical, recreational and educational facilities make Douglas a choice place to live, work and study."

Before you decide to move to Douglas, I suggest that you visit the area. If your interested I'm planning my next trip to the deep South in November.

Douglas's downtown district

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home