Sunday, January 15, 2006

Capilano Suspension Bridge -- North Vancouver, B.C.

On Andrew's second day in the Northwest we headed north to the great city of Vancouver, B.C. Our border crossing was the easiest that I've done legally. The border agent didn't even look at our IDs before waving us on into Canada. Our first stop in Vancouver was the White Shop, an upscale version of Denny's. Here is where I learned that Andrew really knows how to put food away. After finishing our meal he asked the waitress for the menu so that he could order another entree. As he ate his egg benedict he explained to me how muscle requires more energy than fat and since he lost some 30 pounds and has replaced some of his fat with muscle he needs the calories. I thought to myself, wow that must be what I'm doing wrong. After breakfast we continued to head north and visited the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. For a longtime I've wanted to visit the Capilano Bridge but I had been hesitant because of the admission price. I must sadly admit that the verdict is still out on this one. Admission is $22.. and after visiting the place I must say that it wasn't worth $22 for me but Andrew thought that it was exciting and interesting enough to justify the price. The place is part thrill and part museum. The thrill is the 450 foot long bridge suspended above a canyon 250 feet. Also in the park is a bridge walk through treetops. To casually walk these two areas takes about 20 mins. The other part of the place is a museum focused on tree biology... as a biologist this part of the facility wasn't really all that interesting.

The suspension bridge is in the background



Andrew on the tree top walk



A couple of years ago a women dropped her baby from the bridge and the baby managed to live



The river below the bridge... each fall of the year this river is loaded with salmon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home