Sunday, February 05, 2006

Got a new camera, Sony T-5


I went with sony’s T5 digital camera because of its size and 2.5 inch LCD viewfinder. The camera weighs less than 5 ounces, so you better hold onto it with the wrist strap. From my last camera I knew that I wanted a camera with a faster startup time and a quicker shutter lag. The T5 startup time is 1.5 seconds from the power-on thereby allowing me to take those unposed pontaneous photo shots. The shutter lag, the time between depressing the shutter and capturing the image, is 1/10 second.

I really didn't want to buy it from Best Buy but it was the only store with it in stock. Many of you may not know this but Best Buy is a corporation that discriminates. Several discrimination suits have been filed with the company and they basically harass minority customers when entering and leaving the store. Not being a "Barry" I was aware that the store associates would be all over me.. so I immediately played to the sterotype by asking what's on sale, questioned about using promotions, and informed him that I would be using reward zone coupon. After he helped me select a camera he insisted that I buy the accessories including the warranty because the camera may need repair due to humidity or if I "bumped it against the counter". After hearing that simply bumping it could break the lens I questioned if I should choose another camera; he suggested that there's no need to be concerned about this just buy the warranty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home