Friday, April 21, 2006

1st full day in Los Angeles

The today's weather for Los Angeles is sunny and 69 degrees, which makes it great weather for car shopping. Yesterday, I spend about 3 hours test driving mid-sized SUV and my pick is the 2002 Isuzu Axiom. The car drives great, looks awesome, and has the uniqueness that I'm looking for in a vehicle. The car doesn't have the best fuel efficiency.. nonetheless this isn't a concern since my daily commute to work will only be about 7 miles. The insurance rate is almost double what I had planned to spend on a car and so that lead me to investigate a little deeper into what it cost to own a car in LA county. I called around to several companies and the least expensive rate was basically the first quote I received... I also found out that even if I purchased an earlier model car ('98 Toyota) the insurance rate would only be $30 cheaper. Today, I plan to look at a couple of trucks while the financing details are being worked out.... I might just change my mind and go for a Nissan Frontier. By the way if you plan to change jobs and move to another state.. buy a vehicle in your home state before you move... it makes financing a car and getting insurance a whole lot easier.

I left my camera in Seattle.. and so I cannot post any orginal pictures until SH mails the camera to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you mad it safely. Can't believe that you left the camera. Don't forget to update your user profile!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Hey that's pretty slick. Great to hear from you. With an eight inch ground clearance, your not going rock rollin' anytime soon. But it does look roomy and stylish for you.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home