Monday, April 24, 2006

First Day at the Gas Company


The first day at the office went smoothly. The commute from the valley to downtown Los Angeles during rush hour only took about one hour compared to 30 minutes when there's light traffic. Personally I won't mind working downtown rather than the satellite office in Chatsworth-basically my supervisor said that it was really up to me to decide which office suits me best for my activities day to day.

XXX (i'm not going to use the proper name--to prevent this blog from popping up in google search) is a great company with a level of employee diversity that would be difficult to beat. It seems that a large percentage of the staff, maybe 3 out of 10, are contract or temporary rather than permanent employees of the gas company nonetheless everyone seems to be happy and enjoy their jobs. Entering and moving about the building is like being in a federal reserve bank....security and id checks are at the entrance, elevators, and even entering and exiting doors on each floor. In fact there is a full service bank on the floor with the environmental solutions staff. The environmental solutions team has three biologist including myself, which basically means that mainly administer natural resources actions. I'm looking forward to my future with the company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home